The Friends are a nonprofit, independent organization, established on February 4, 1994. Our mission is to:
- Maintain an association of persons interested in libraries.
- Stimulate the use of the library’s resources and services.
- Encourage and receive gifts, endowments and bequests.
- Support and cooperate with the library in developing library services and facilities for the community.
- Support the Freedom to Read as expressed in the American Library Association Bill of Rights.
The Friends Activities
- Hold an annual pre-owned book sale.
- Sponsor programs for the library.
- Provide hospitality for library events.
- Maintain the Corner Book Sale in the library.
- Participate in local events to promote the library and the Friends organization.
- Pursue new fundraising opportunities.
The Friends Support
With membership dues and fund raising, we are able to provide items not covered by the library’s operating budget. Such as:
- On-going technology needs.
- Adult and children’s programs.
- Large print books, audio books, DVDs.
- Book Page magazine.
- Movie license.
- Equipment and furnishings.
- Little Free Libraries
Volunteers are vital to our success. Your involment helps us with that success.
- Pre-Owned book sale.
- Provide baked goods.
- Assist with special events.
- Serve on the Friends’ Board
How to become a Friend
By becoming a member of the Friends, you will help us provide and enhance services to the library. Membership runs from July 1st to June 30th. All proceeds benefit the library.
Dues are as follows:
- Student $1
- Individual $10
- Family $30
- Patron $50
- Sponsor $100
- Lifetime $500
Download the application here.